Croke Park Scoops a Top Award at the Events Industry Awards 2011
20th June 2011
The Conference Centre team at Croke Park was delighted to scoop the prestigious Best Conference Events Venue award at a ceremony attended by the cream of Irelands Event Industry last week.
The judging panel is made up of key players in the highly competitive events industry and Croke Park won the Conference Events Venue award based on their constant innovation, response to a changing market, green credentials and client testimonials.
The iconic venue is home of the GAA and host to events from across the events industry spectrum throughout the year. When it comes to making a statement and stirring the soul, no other venue in Ireland comes close. The facilities are world class, the conference team is vastly experienced and, with 87 meeting rooms and 8 conference suites, the conference centre can accommodate events of any size. In the last decade, Croke Park has become one of the country’s leading conference venues.
The awards were a double celebration for Croke Park with stadium caterers, Fitzers Catering, getting the gong for the Best Event Caterer. Stadium Director Peter McKenna said that “the Conference Centre has become a key part of our business and we are absolutely committed to ensuring that our conference clients have the very best venue experience we can offer. We would also like to congratulate our caterers, Fitzers, on being recognized as Best Event Caterer.”
• First stadium in the world to receive BS 8901 certification for sustainable event management systems
• 5,000 sq m of function, conference and exhibition space
• Adaptable facilities – suit large conferences and small meetings
• Iconic venue – sense of occasion to events such as award ceremonies and gala dinners
• Inspirational backdrop and home to Gaelic games - pitch side photo opportunities are perfect for press coverage
• Fantastic ‘Time Out’ opportunities – Stadium Tour; visit the GAA Museum; use the dressing rooms for part of your event; Roof Top Tours – coming soon!
• 87 meeting rooms - breakout rooms aplenty for seminars and training courses
• Location - easily accessible, near the city centre with lots of free car parking
• Luxury affordable accommodation onsite - 4 star accommodation at The Croke Park Hotel
• Croke Park’s use of fresh Irish produce and continued support of Irish suppliers ensures support of Irish jobs and local communities throughout Ireland.
Click here for more Conference Centre details